An organizational development professional with experience in federal government, science research, technology and organizational-wide systems. Focus is on results by listening to client’s needs and leveraging their strengths. Expertise includes professional and leadership development, project management, training technologies, coaching, organizational change management, team development, meeting facilitation and individual and team interventions. Create a safe environment to encourage the difficult conversations necessary to focus on collective results that define team success.
- Change Management
- Management/Consulting Skills
- Myers/Briggs (MBTI) qualified, Step II Report
- Team Development
- Leadership Development & Coaching
- Training & Development
- Org Design/Development
- Technology Implementations
- Development Coach, ACC, Santa Fe, NM and Scottsdale, AZ [2006 – 2011]
- The focus of this business was to move exceptional performers to inspired leaders and provide tools for working professionals to excel and perform by optimizing teamwork.
- Team building clients include international corporate and non-profit teams working together on national projects. Coach leaders in the medical industry and individuals experiencing significant changes in their lives.
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM [1991 – 2006]
- A federally funded premier international science and technology research laboratory with a mission to provide security solutions for the country.
- Learning & Development Manager [1998-2001]
- Training and Development Group of 30 professionals (budget $3 million). Primary responsibilities included design and implementation of organization wide comprehensive leadership development programs (800 mid-level managers), led training technologies and communication/marketing teams.
- Human Resource Consultant – Materials Science Group [2001-2002]
- Applied strategic and analytic skills to identify, research, analyze, and resolve HR and organizational issues for the Material Science Division at the Laboratory. Served as a consultant for and coached all levels of managers and employees in the division.
- Senior Staff Specialist, Training and Development [1991-2001 and 2003-2006]
- Facilitated process improvement planning efforts for various group functions, including group administration, training technologies, multimedia development process, and customer database selection.
- Managed the transition of team members to new restructure, including a task analysis to reassign responsibilities and assess gaps in skill areas.
- coached groups to assess and develop plans for change, implemented an improved performance action plan for a new full-time employee through the interim performance appraisal process.
- Conducted Myers-Briggs Type Indicator workshops for leaders, and groups and provided one-on-one feedback to individuals.
- Served as a consultant to develop a communication plan and creative campaign for revitalization of Laboratory facilities and infrastructure, including a retreat, videotape, and speech support, served as lead facilitator at the retreat.
- Coached leaders over a period of several months to a year, conducted interviews with staff and assessments as needed, coached teams – management, administration, working teams
- Designed and facilitated 4 day module entitled Professional Use of Self.
- Collaborated with Leadership Center team to design, develop and implement a comprehensive development system for growing leaders and mangers at LANL.
- Set goals and plans for growth of the Laboratory’s core competency educational programs to assure relevant training targets.
- Provided initial design consultation for new training technology projects.
- Renegotiated and implemented the University of New Mexico (UNM) Graduate Center contract. Wrote the statement of work requirements and technical evaluation.
- Administered quality control of UNM-Los Alamos software training, Anderson School of Management’s EMBA and UC’s Management Skills Assessment Programs
- Negotiated with Carnegie Mellon and Motorola University to create license agreements and initial training contracts for Just-In-Time Learning Series (CD-ROM).
Technology Design and Development
- Researched and developed approximately 20 training videos for various groups and divisions at the Laboratory.
- Served as multi-media specialist, video editor, and project leader for a comprehensive archive/tutorial for weapons design. Provided this tool for a technical division to help material scientists understand the physics of weapon design.
- Collaborated with the Leadership Center team and graphic designers to design a web site and develop marketing materials for institutes.
- Masters of Fine Arts, Media Studies, State University of New York, Visual Studies Workshop, NY
- Bachelors of Science, Aesthetic Studies, University of California at Santa Cruz, CA
- Graduate Certificate, Organizational Development, Fielding Graduate University, CA
- Evidenced Based Coaching PCC Level Certification Education (Fielding Graduate University)
- 80% of Coursework in PhD program, Training and Learning Technologies, Univ. of New Mexico
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- ICF Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- Myers/Briggs Qualified (MBTI, Step II)
- Designing and Leading Effective Organizations Change Method (DLEO)
- Objective Behavioral Feedback Method (University of California Manager Skill Program)
- “The Profiler” 360 Assessment (Personnel Decisions International ,PDI)
- Technology of Participation Facilitation Method (ToPs)
- Strategic Business Partner Training Series (internal HR program at Nat’l Lab)
- DiSC Assessment Certified
- Q Level Security Clearance
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- VP of Board and Program Chair, Friends of Carl G. Jung (Phoenix, AZ)
- Former Board Member, International Coaching Federation (ICF Phoenix)
- Organization Development Network (ODN, Arizona)
- Association of Psychological Type (APTi)
- Presenter and Participant of New Mexico Salon (Fielding Graduate University Alumni)